Crunchy Raw Beetroot Salad with Feta & Pear
“This colourful beetroot salad makes a great little snack or starter and is really easy to rustle up.”
- 3 ripe pears
- 4 large beetroot
- 200 g feta cheese
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 large handful of sunflower seeds, optional
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing by squeezing the lemon juice into a clean jam jar, topping up with 10 tablespoons of oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Secure the lid on the jar, give it a good shake, and put aside until needed.
- Peel and slice the pears and beets into fine matchsticks – if your knife skills aren’t up to speed yet, use a matchstick peeler, mandolin (use the guard!) or box grater.
- Dress the matchsticks in a little of the lemon oil dressing (keep the rest in the fridge for another day) – taste to check that the flavours are balanced, then adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Divide the salad between plates or place on a serving platter, then crumble over the creamy feta.
- Pick and roughly chop the mint leaves, then sprinkle over the salad with the sunflower seeds (if using).