Skip to content
Golden Halloumi with Tomato-y Green Beans and Carrots
- 1 quantity of halloumi, patted dry and sliced on the diagonal 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, finely diced or grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander, or 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 6 large tomatoes, skinned and deseeded
- 2 large carrots, finely diced and grated
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 200g green beans
- 1 tbsp ghee
- a portion of cooked basmati rice, quinoa or your favourite pasta to serve
- Heat a large ceramic-lined or seasoned cast iron frying pan and fry the onion until it starts to brown. Add the ginger and garlic and stir, then add the spices. Throw in the tomatoes and carrots, season to taste and simmer, lid on, for 10 minutes. Add the green beans and simmer for 3 minutes, lid off, until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee in another pan on a medium heat. Add the halloumi and fry until golden on one side, being careful not to burn it, Turn the halloumi over and fry on the other side until it has a golden crust. Serve with the tomato-y green beans.