Skip to content
Sweet Potato Fritters
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 200g carrots, peeled and grated 3 spring onions, finely chopped 2 red chillies, seeded, 1 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- handful coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 4 tbsp gluten-free plain flour 3 eggs, beaten
- coconut oil
- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots to a bowl with the spring onions, finely chopped chilli, garlic, cumin seeds and chopped coriander stalks. Season and mix together. Add the flour and beaten eggs to the bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Mould the mixture into 12 equal-sized, round patties in your palm and squeeze gently to create a solid shape. Heat a frying pan, add the coconut oil and once melted, add the fritters to the pan. Fry until nice and golden and then turn over and cook the other side.
- Meanwhile, mix the sliced chilli with 1 tsp olive oil. Once the patties are cooked, use a spatula to transfer gently to serving plates. Top with the sliced chilli and the reserved coriander leaves. Cut 2 ‘cheeks’ from the lime by slicing off the sides. Serve the patties with the lime, mixed salad leaves and tzatziki.